Meat Pilot Plant
Nofima's meat processing facility is at the disposal of our customers and has equipment for most meat processes.
With us, your company can get help with the production of most types of meat products such as sausages, mincemeat, ham, bacon and cured meats. Our work also include the conversion and use of rest raw materials.
Together with researchers and experts, your company can acquire more knowledge about raw materials, production hygiene, shelf-life and storage.
- Meat choppers
- Micro cutter for emulsions
- Mixers with vacuum
- Sausage filler
- Former for cake products
- Belt frier machine and other frying equipment
- Injection machine for salt brine, different needle thicknesses
- Cooking/smoking cabinet and climate cabinet
- NIR scanner for on-line measurement of meat quality
- Cooling and freezing rooms for controlled storage
The pilot plants at Ås
The Meat pilot plant is part of Nofima’s pilot plants at Ås, which also consists of bakery, packaging hall, vegetable hall, fish hall and patogen pilot plant. These pilot plants are a venue for research, innovation, product development, courses, networks and teaching.
NATIONAL RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE
The Nofima Pilot Plants at Ås are part of the National Research Infrastructure FoodPilotPlant Norway. It also includes the process facilities at NMBU (Norwegian University of Life Sciences).