Publisher: Nofima AS
Number of pages: 32
International Standard Numbers:
Open Access: green
Three cruises on board the gill-net vessel «Nesejenta» in the North Sea were performed to evaluate; new areas for Nephrops-pots, transportation trials for live nephrops, anaesthesia of Nephrops, combining gill-net and pot-fisheries and keeping cod alive in holding tanks.
• All cod were alive on delivery after up to five hours soak-time.
• Only 50 % of the cod would survive to the next day.
• The new nephrops areas gave up to 750 grams per pot.
• Keeping the nephrops in chilled water increased survival.
• Given correct storage and chilling before packaging and export, nephrops can be transported at least 27 hours without mortality.