Developing and optimizing mackerel filleting
By identifying which factors affect quality of mackerel fillets, the project aims at opening processing potential for the Norwegian industry.
|Time:||1. April 2015 – 31. March 2017|
|Financed by:||Regional Research Funds of Norway, West|
|In cooperation with:||Pelagia|
The main objective of the project is to optimize quality of mackerel fillets through identifying and quantifying factors affecting fillet quality and storage stability.
1: Documentation and characterization
- Objectively describe quality parameters of hand-filleted products accepted by the market.
- Systematically examine quality variations by season and final thaw temperatures at filleting.
- Document quality changes during frozen storage.
2: Enhance storage stability of fillet products
- Investigate potential of glazing and process means to enhance storage stability of fillet products.
- Document effects of glazing and process means on product quality.