Nofima is involved at any moment in several hundred projects, from long-term industrially targeted fundamental research to short innovation projects, where the results are immediately put to use. A few of our projects are presented here. Could you benefit from Nofima’s expertise? Contact us to find out.
- Breeding and genetics
- Capture-based aquaculture
- Consumer and marketing research
- Consumer and sensory sciences
- Fish health
- Food and health
- Food safety and quality
- Industrial economics and strategic management
- Marine biotechnology
- Nutrition and feed technology
- Processing Technology
- Production Biology
- Raw materials and process optimisation
- Seafood industry
Romanian and Norwegian scientists join forces to develop new innovative food packaging biomaterials with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
1. January 2014 – 31. December 2017
Researcher: Morten Sivertsvik
The overall aim with AQUAEXCEL2020 is to integrate the most successful research facilities within aquaculture in Europe. The project shall provide access to easily accessible high quality infrastructures, …
1. October 2015 – 30. September 2020
Researcher: Åsa Maria O. Espmark
The aim of this project is to assess the potential for increased production and added value of food from the Arctic.
1. August 2015 – 31. December 2017
Researcher: Ingrid Kvalvik
The goal is to facilitate sustainable cooperation between national and international research funding bodies in the area of food authenticity, to improve the competitiveness of the food supply …
1. April 2016 – 31. March 2018
Researcher: Petter Olsen
The consumption of vegetables has increased over the last years, but the sales of cruciferous vegetables (Brassica, cabbages) has been stagnant. Increased awareness of taste can increase sale of cabba
1. January 2016 – 31. December 2019
CATCH is a visionary project where the objective is to “catch” the maximal sustainable value of wild Atlantic cod based on live storage.
1. April 2014 – 31. March 2018
Researcher: Geir Sogn-Grundvåg