Get access to research facilities for free
Through the EU-project AQUAEXCEL 2020, European researchers can apply for conducting research experiments at several top-class aquaculture research facilities in Europe. In Norway, Nofima is partner and has three research facilities that are modern and highly equipped, with plenty of opportunities.
This article was last updated more than two years ago.
On a regular basis, the AQUAEXCEL2020 project will invite proposals from European research groups for scientific research that utilises the facilities of any of the participating aquaculture research infrastructures. The AQUAEXCEL2020 project unites major aquaculture experimental facilities with capacity to undertake experimental trials on a selection of commercially important fish aquaculture species and system types. These installations are made available to the research community for Transnational Access (TNA) with the support of the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
The facilities available cover the entire range of production systems (cage, pond, recirculation, flowthrough, hatchery and disease challenge); environments (freshwater, marine, cold, temperate and warm water); scales (small, medium and industrial scale); fish species (salmonids, cold and warm water marine fish, freshwater fish and artemia); and fields of expertise (nutrition, physiology, health & welfare, genetics, engineering, monitoring & management technologies).
Interested researchers can propose projects that involve visits of one or in some cases two people to the chosen research infrastructure for periods of up to three months. Access to the research infrastructures and associated travel and subsistence expenses will be paid for under the project.
Nofima give access to Nofima Centre for Recirculation at Sunndalsøra (NCRA), a cleaner fish experimental facility, and Nofima NNGS-Microbiota: Next Generation Sequencing of Microbiota at Ås. Read more about Nofima’s facilities in Guide for Transnational Access.
- AQUAEXCEL2020 is an acronym for AQUAculture infrastructures for EXCELlence in European fish research towards 2020.
- AQUAEXCEL2020 is a research and innovation action funded under the EU’s new Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020. The project will run for five years from 2015 to 2020, with a total budget of €9.7 million funded by the European Union.
- The AQUAEXCEL2020 consortium includes 22 partner organisations (including 39 top level aquaculture facilities) in 12 European countries. The project is coordinated by the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA) in France. AquaTT is the project dissemination partner.
- In addition to Nofima, there are three other partners from Norway in AQUAEXCEL2020 offering facilities.
- For more information, visit: www.aquaexcel.eu