Sensometrics 2020 – Sense the Energy
The Conference brings together world’s leading statisticians, psychologists, sensory scientists and market researchers with a common interest in solving problems of measurement and data analysis in the areas of sensory and consumer science.
|Date:||21. April 2020 – 24. April 2020|
The main aims of the Sensometrics conferences are:
- to increase the awareness of the special methodologies and statistical methods used in the analysis of sensory and consumer science data,
- to improve the communication and co-operation between persons interested in the scientific principles, methods and applications of sensometrics,
- to serve as an interdisciplinary meeting to disseminate scientific knowledge on the field of sensometrics.
Harald Martens (NTNU and Idletechs AS, Norway): “Quantitative Intuition: Combining prior knowledge and big data”
Marieke E. Timmerman (Psychometrics and Statistics, Heymans Institute for Psychological Research, University of Groningen, the Netherlands): “Segmentation with complex data: Arriving at an insightful representation”
Michael Meyners (Procter & Gamble Service GmbH, Germany): “Controversy regarding relevance and rigor of Sensometrics for industrial applications”
- Text mining (Sebastian Le, Jakob Lahne, Leah Hamilton, Leticia Vidal, Jean McEwan and others)
- PLS and related methods (Tormod Næs, speakers to be announced)
- New technologies in Sensory science (AI, etc; Joint workshop Society of Sensory Professionals and Sensometrics Society)
The full conference programme will be announced at a later stage when submitted abstracts are evaluated.
For more information: https://www.sensometrics2020.com
The abstract submission deadline for Sensometrics 2020 has been extended! Abstracts will now be accepted until November 15, 2019. https://www.sensometrics2020.com/abstracts
Registration discounts. Discounts are available on hotel room bookings and registration until January 2020. See the conference web site for details. https://www.sensometrics2020.com/accomodation-and-conference
Travel Grants & Scholarships. The Sensometric Society invites applications for Travel Grants & Scholarships for participation in the 15th Sensometrics meeting in Stavanger, Norway in April 2020. The application deadline is December 1, 2019. The following web link gives further details, as well as a link to the application form. http://sensometric.org/admin/website/?pageId=1757229