Nofima is one of the largest institutes for applied research within the fields of fisheries, aquaculture and food research in Europe.
We supply internationally renowned research and solutions that provide competitive advantages along the complete chain of value.
The head office is located in Tromsø, with research activities in Alta, Bergen, Stavanger, Sunndalsøra, Tromsø and Ås.
The institution was established on 1 January 2008 and has approximately 363 employees.
- Managing Director Øyvind Fylling-Jensen
- Chief Financial Officer Grete Sollesnes Winther
- Director, Division Aquaculture Arne Mikal Arnesen
- Director, Division Fisheries, Industry and Market Magnar Pedersen
- Director, Division Food Science Camilla Røsjø
- Chief Information Officer Morgan Lillegård
- Chief Human Resources Officer Johnny Olsen
Nofima has an annual turnover of approximately NOK 582 million. Our largest sources of income are:
- The Research Council of Norway
- The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries
- The Norwegian Seafood Research Fund (FHF)
- The Foundation for Research Levy on Agricultural Products (FFL)
- Industrial sponsors
- The EU
Nofima AS is owned by:
- The Norwegian government, under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries: 56.8%
- Stiftelsen for landbrukets næringsmiddelforskning: 33.2%
- Akvainvest Møre og Romsdal: 10.0%
The Board of Nofima AS
- Olav Fjell
- Eirik Selmer-Olsen, R&D Director, Tine (Deputy chair)
- Yngve Myhre, self-employed
- Edel Storelvmo, vice-rector
- Ann Øygard, casthouse manager
- Jens Petter Wold, Senior scientist, Nofima AS
- Audun Iversen, Scientist, Nofima AS
- Åsa Maria O. Espmark, Senior Scientist, Nofima AS