The SSC16 conference – Chemometrics in action
The subtitle of SSC16 is “Chemometrics in Action”. The conference will focus on the usefulness and versatility of chemometric methods in scientific and applied disciplines such as spectroscopy, process control and in the –omics area.
|Dato:||17. juni 2019 – 20. juni 2019|
|Sted:||Holmen Fjordhotell appr. 25 km from Oslo Central Station|
|Pris:||Accommodation, Conference dinner and “Get together” are included in the Conference fee, Early bird registration as of March 1st – May 1st 2019, NOK 10.500,-, Registration deadline June 1st 2019, NOK 14.000,-, Additional cost for Tutorials, NOK 1.500,-, Additional hotel accommodation Sunday 16th to Monday 17th, NOK 1.350,-, Conference fee without accommodation: NOK 8.900,-|
Other areas of interest are multi-way methods, multivariate image analysis, data fusion, sensory analysis, chemometrics in analytical chemistry, uncertainty and validation, Big data and chemometrics, deep learning.
The SSC16 has some new features:
- Discussants for the invited talks
- A separate session devoted to PhD projects
- Three parallel tutorials before lunch the first day of the conference.
Monday June 17th
Tutorial Sessions (parallel):
- Spectroscopy – Tom Fearn – University College London
- Process Modelling – Frank Westad – Camo and Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- -omics – Johan Westerhuis – University of Amsterdam
Start of the Conference
Session: Chemometrics for process modelling/control/monitoring
- Invited speaker: Franciscus Winfried J van der Berg – University of Copenhagen
- Discussant: Frank Westad – Camo and Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Tuesday June 18th
Session: Chemometrics in the -omics area
Session: PhD projects
Wednesday June 19th
Session: Deep learning, machine learning and chemometrics
- Invited speaker: Ole Christian Lingjærde – University of Oslo
- Discussant: Evrim Acar – Simula Centre Oslo
Session: Path modelling, graphical modelling and causality
- Invited speaker: Rosaria Romano – University of Calabria, Italy
- Discussant: Johan Trygg – Umeå University, Sweden
Thursday June 20th
End of Conference
For further information, check out ssc16.org
Scandinavian Symposium on Chemometrics (SSC)
The SSC conferences form a significant part of chemometrics in Scandinavia. They are biennial and rotate amongst the Nordic countries – with the exception of SSC14 in Sardinia. Despite the name, the SSC conferences are international and visited by scientists from all over the world.
Deadline for submitting Abstracts: March 15th 2019.
Deadline for Abstract feedback from Scientific committee: April 5th 2019.